Dark marks on knuckle, elbow and knee tend to lower our level of confidence and sometime gets embarrassing. After all, who wants to sport those patches on hands and feet? Good news is these marks can be treated easily through your regular skincare regime .
What are the probable causes that contribute to the darkness of knuckles/knee/elbow
Cause of Darkness
- Dryness- Skin tends to become dry when your hands and feet are exposed to harsh chemicals or too much washing. This often leads to darkening .
- Skin diseases- Certain skin diseases like psoriasis and eczema tend to make it look dark.
- Lack of proper care- Our hands and feet are often neglected by us. We fail to care for them the way they deserve.
Let us see how to treat dark skin at home
- Be caring– Be gentle to your hands and feet. Avoid washing them with extremely hot water and refrain from rubbing them too hard. Go for manicures and pedicures (checkout www.vanitycube.in ) . You can use soft loofahs and pumice stones on a regular basis to clean them. You can go for a body polish once a month for better results.
- Moisturize- Do not forget to keep your problem areas moisturized. Get yourself a good quality exfoliating cream which will not only hydrate your skin, but will also exfoliate it. Most importantly, always use a hand cream and foot cream before you go to bed. Alternately, try adding a few drops of glycerin, olive oil or jojoba oil to your regular cream and apply it on your knuckles. This helps to keep your skin soft and at the same time, reduces chances of drying out too early.
- Sun protection- Use a sun-block cream before you step out in the sun. This offers protection and prevents further darkening.
Treatments and home remedies
- Exfoliation with lemon juice– Mix a spoon of lemon juice with sugar and rub your hands vigorously for about ten minutes. Do this every night before going to bed. The bleaching properties of lemon juice, together with the exfoliating properties of sugar would work wonders. Follow up with a hand cream.
- The almond-curd treatment– Mix crushed almonds with curd and apply the paste on your knuckles. Rub for 10 minutes. This practice, done everyday, helps to reduce darkness and makes skin fairer.
- Moisturize with milk cream– Mix the content of a vitamin E capsule with some milk cream. Apply on your dry knuckles and wait for sometime. Then, rub it for about 5 minutes and wash off. It softens dry skin. You may add a pinch of turmeric to benefit from the antiseptic and skin-lightening properties of turmeric.
- Lemon and honey pack– Use equal quantities of lemon juice and honey to make a soothing and moisturizing pack. Apply it regularly to get rid of dark knuckles.
Be regular in your skin care regimen. Having a full body bleach or bleaching the problem area take care of dark knuckles temporarily.
If you enjoyed this post, comment below and share it with your friends. Don’t forget to like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/vanitycubein , Twitter handle https://twitter.com/VanityCube , Instagram page https://www.instagram.com/vanitycube_india/